(Anúncio publicado no LinkedIn) Newspaper Director: Michael Page - Portugal - Lisbon Area, Portugal
- Editorial coordination, working both as project manager and developer, and with the responsibility of the strategic planning;
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement;
- Assure readability, assuring the detection and correction of errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax;
- Allocate print space for story text, photos, and illustrations according to space parameters and copy significance, using knowledge of layout principles;
- Plan the contents of publications according to the publication’s style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements;
- Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources;
- Review and approve proofs submitted by composing room prior to publication.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Degree in relevant field;
- At least 10 years of experience in journalism, ideally with at least 3 years as editor;
- Fluent English, German is highly desirable;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Creative and proactive, with strong work ethic;
- Ability to manage short/long-term deadlines;
- Works well under pressure;
- Team and objectives oriented;
- Experience working across functions.
Our client is a multinational company.