03 março 2003

VITAMEDIAS
Red Herring Magazine Closes: the magazine that was considered a must-read among the technology elite, has closed, the latest victim of tough economic times.
The magazine's publisher, RHC Media, reached the decision after unsuccessfully trying to sell Red Herring
[act.:] The Red Herring Calls it Quits (for now): Friday was a very sad day. After ten terrific years of publishing, Red Herring called it quits. Ironically, I had just emailed in my editorial (see my column) for what was going to be the 10th anniversary issue of the magazine, when I received a call from Red Herring’s executive editor, Duff McDonald. “You are obviously not in the loop,” he said. “We are shutting the place down today.” The next call I got was from Red Herring CEO, Chris Dobbrow who confirmed what I had just heard. [Tony Perkins]