14 julho 2006

TECNOSFERA

The Internet is old news and boring.. Deal with it: THe biggest compliment I can pay to the net and to all those pioneers who got it to this point is that its boring. It works. It?s not perfect, but it works and has absolutely become a utility. We get water, electricity and now digital bits shipped to our homes. Its our choice whether to purchase any of the above, and we tend to choose all 3.
I dont get excited about enhancements made to the electrical or plumbing infrastructure and I no longer get excited about the marginal enhancements being made to our digital distribution infrastructure.
We havent seen anything new for the net itself for years. [...]
I can say without any doubt in my mind that if Overture had popularized Cost Per Click a few years earlier and costs for computing equipment were in 2000 what they are today, the hot sites of today would have been the hot sites of 2000.
Its not the net, its the applications stupid!